Brennen Tracy
Technology makes it much easier to build writing skills and communication. I rarely print anymore because it is easier to just send an email or submit something online.

Benji Skjoldal
I think it is great that we are moving into this new culture. It is cheaper and easier to do things online. Such as sending letters, it costs more and it takes a long time for the person to get it. Facebook you send messages and people can get it in a few seconds. Yay for technology.

Adil Ismail
I think electacy is a bad thing. I prefer traditional over new. I think too little thought process goes into electric form of writings.

Chelsi Desotel
I think that the change into the electracy form of communication is really convenient; however, I feel that the change is making people in our community less vocal and more illiterate. Online and through texting people use slang and spell incorrectly for a quicker, easier way to talk with people and it often seems to be moving into professional work.

Chris Sommers
I am somewhat of a middle-man in my opinion of electracy as a form of communication. Obviously it makes many things easier, as that form of communication will be right at hand if you have the electronic equipment at hand. but the communication is lacking in verbal communication. You cannot hear a person's personal tone, and it might skew what they are trying to say. But when you are typing something out, you allow a little more time to think about what you are going to say, making it somewhat easier to make sure you aren't saying the wrong thing.

Branden Bulawa
My own personal opinion on this topic is that I beileve that the Oral attitude was somewhat the better of the three because it involved communication oraly, and socially. It required members of the community to come together. Also it was the bases of what we have today with liturature and Electracy. It may be old school but i personally like being told stories. It helps the imagination and the shock of detail. Either way, society is changing and we must change with it.

Courtney Olson
I think that electracy is a great form of communication and writing. It makes communication with people a lot easier. Most things are done electronically these days so people have just grown accustomed to using it. I think it is still good to have oral communication still. Oral communication makes things a little easier to understand, such as a person tone in how they are saying something.

Ben Hixson
Change is inevitable. With everything changing around us we all need to stay with the times or be left behind. If technology advances so must we in order to stay in tune with the nature around us. patrick rime electracy is a great thing. The advaces in this stuff helps us to comnunicate with others easily. The advaces of facebook and all.. keeping in touch with everyone from back in the day.

Amy Bertzyk
Technology advancement is convenient, and inevitable, however, I do believe that as a species we continue to maintain human contact in our forms of communication. After all, that is what helps define our humanity.

Jenna Ellis
Technology is something that we need to appreciate because it has given us advancements that have helped so many people from medical advancements to transportation. I think we need to appreciate it.

Megan Lysford
Technology can be a great thing, but I believe we should not rely to heavily upon it. If everything is put onto the computer or hard drives, and no backup is made, something could go wrong and we could lose everything.

Justin Mezzenga
I think the change to using computers and the web more has made doing school-related things a lot easier along with contacting friends and family. Overall i think the change is good. Lucas Judd I believe that technology will improve many aspects of the world, as long as things are efficient and technical difficulties are kept to a minimum. The world can benefit from the higher use of technology.

Michelle Deming
I think that the change in technology is a good thing because then people get to learn how to do the new technology along with everyones else and not having a select few people learn how to do it. It's also a bad thing because people who know how to do the old technology don't want to know how to do the new stuff because they feel comfortable with the old.

Michael Weick
I believe that technology will improve people’s lives because they can keep in touch with everyone they know no matter where they live. Also people get a better understanding of people’s culture all over the world sense it is so easy to create a website and explain your feelings on a subject.

Rupam Mahodaya
Technology changes with time and proves to create new ideas. It is an easy way of evluation and saves time.one can easily share thoughts in less amount of time.

Bryce Dewilde
I think that the new electracy is a good thing. This always people to interact in a whole new way, faster and easier than every. Electracy may be bad if it is not separated from the other types. If it is not separated then students will talk in ways that they would on the internet when they need to write formal papers. electracy may hinder people from writing great works in the future because they were not brought up with having to write like that. Overall i believe that it is a good thing.

Tom Seaberg
Personally i beilieve that soon you will be able to do anything on the internet. Technology has made everything easier for the people that will actually use it. now you can type in an address and have the route told to you on the drive, or find satelite pictures of your house, and even find out a phone number for a person on the other side of the world. So thats why i think technology is the best and will greatly improve our world.

Anthony Pillai
Electronic media is necessary in the modern economy. Written /printed media is not enough to drive the economy quick enough. Speed, accuracy and security of information is important now then ever before. Also its a greener alternative. More accesibilty.


Cierra Holm I think that technology is needed in today's world. Also, since recycling is such a big promoted issue in today's world, technology definitely helps that cause. However, I think that people rely too much on technology. Back in the ancient Greek days, they relied heavily on memory. Then, after the invention of the printing press, they did not need to rely on their memory as much because they had the literary aspect (which is why memory is now name the lost canon of the 5 canons of rhetoric.) Overall, I think the world needs technology but also I think that it is becoming too heavily relied on.

College Composition II

Fall 2009
Chad Schwanke
As a writer you can now write almost anything you want, and put it out there for people to read. Due to this theres little to know editing and in some cases credibility can be lost.

Luke Yohe
I internet provides us with alot of information. One of the problems is that alot of the information is not creidable. but i think it is a good thing because there as more information to people.

Chelsea Schultz
Using the new technology helps to use your creativity and to express yourself. I can be unique and exciting with plain information.

Joshua Haarrison
Technology has given modern individuals much more freedom in writing than was previously granted. The only downside of moving totally to technology is if the internet gets taken over by pirates, or Google (I Love Google).

Chad Smith
The new age of technology can be an amazing and efficent. On the other hand if the technology fails it can be a night mare.

Daniel Christenson
I think the technology advancments for writing is of tremendous help. The abilities of Microsoft Word makes creating documents simple, fast, and more eye-catching.

Adam Boole
I think that the new age of technology is both a good and a bad thing. Internet writing is good because it allows for mass communication, but it can be bad because not all the information online is completely accurate. It's very easy to make up facts and have people believe them.

Jeff McNeal
The new technology allows everyone to sharen their ideas immediatly rather then the chosen few and only after so much editing. This change is quite nice, but just like printed literature, people need to be literate of how to use and read it.

Brady Harms
I think the new technology makes accessing and sharing information very easy. It also gives everyone an equal opportunity to share their writing.

Lance Piatz
Electracy, while still very intimidating to many people is quickly becoming the way to do things. there is a lot to learn about it, because there are so many different features to it. i feel that it is definitely a better way of sharing documents.

Paige Wiest
Electracy...Technology...the modern age. We live in such a world where a letter can be sent in but a moment. Where if needed you can easily walk around with a cellular device and talk to someone halfway around the world. Our era is but a steeping stone into the future and even so, the way be go about comunication now has very much improved from a man rideing on a horse.

Austin Sullivan
Technology is great becaus it allows anyone to publish their work. This has really helped small bands to become known. The tecnology has also hurt writers because there is no longer cretibality check to publish work and anything can get published.

Alex Wald
Computers have gotten into every part of our lives. Literacy included because it has made it so much easier to format a paper and make it lively and interesting. Availability is also greatly increased in both the reader's ability to access it and the writer's ability to change or add to the work no matter where he is in the world.

Mitch Taralson
The internet has opened that gateway for many people to post and research tons of information. I believe that if people are going to be using the internet more and more as year move on, that students should learn the different strategies in finding reliable information. The internet is available to anyone, and is a quick and easy way to find information, rather than finding hard copies of books about the same information.

Andrew Leitheiser
The internet certainly has provided for us a great deal of information easily available to us. It has also made it so more people have a voice in the world. However the rules of good writing still apply, they are just placed in a different world.

Brock Drayton
I think that the internet is very helpful. People can do anything they want on it. Everything has moved to it so have to get use to it. It is easy and quick to use.

Brenna Adams
While I personally believe technology and the internet to be extremely easy to access and very helpful, I also feel that people should be more aware of the possible sources they use. It is also easier for everyone to put up their opinion on the internet and people should be aware of using good sources.

Ryan Jastram
The internet is a very helpful tool. A person can access almost any information that they want, and it is instant instead of having to use other sources to find information which can be very time consuming.

Stephanie Bechtle
Today's technology provides never-ending opportunities for advances in communication. Posting works of writing online is a unique way to display a message to the general public.

Hannah Bakke
Technology is a great way to find research and find information. But it can be difficult to work with if you do not know how to do everything on the internet.

Katie Deisz
While the internet is a great tool for finding information, and doing research such as our recent class assignment, it can also destroy a person. Many people don't understand how important it is to keep personal information off the internet. Sometimes it tells too much, and could keep some individuals from attaining a job. In a good sense, the internet provides ways to save someone from using paper, for example blogger.

Deborah John
Technology in this era, is like a window to a new world. In terms of Internet Writing, It has allowed me to improve my writing skills, intellect and writing creativity. It makes it easier to format my writing technique and expands the horizon on which to build my communication skills and knowledge.

College Composition II
Fall 2009